The Zealous State of KonataLand is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Archbishop Thomas Cantor with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.049 billion Konalanders are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petra Alta. The average income tax rate is 54.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Konalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,734 trillion Deku nuts a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 156,995 Deku nuts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, organ donation is compulsory, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, and criminals are thrown to the Judens to repay their debt to society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. KonataLand's national animal is the Juden, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Haruhiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : KonataLand fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : KonataLand fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : KonataLand lodged a message on the Anime Regional Message Board.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- : KonataLand fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.