|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Polish Parliament of KonataLand is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Nagato Yuki with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.865 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eientei. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', military spending recently hit a new high, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled', and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. KonataLand's national animal is the Lolcat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Haruhiism, and its currency is the Deku nut.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: KonataLand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 20 hours ago: KonataLand voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 1 day ago: KonataLand lodged a message on the Gensokyo Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: KonataLand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 7 days ago: KonataLand voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 7 days ago: KonataLand updated the World Factbook entry in Gensokyo.
- 7 days ago: KonataLand updated the World Factbook entry in Gensokyo ii.
- 7 days ago: KonataLand relocated from Gensokyo ii to Gensokyo.
- 7 days ago: KonataLand changed the regional password in Gensokyo.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Pasig.