The Zealous State of KonataLand is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Archbishop Thomas Cantor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.242 billion Konalanders are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Education receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petra Alta. The average income tax rate is 57.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Konalandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,922 trillion Deku nuts a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 157,057 Deku nuts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, organ donation is compulsory, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, and criminals are thrown to the Judens to repay their debt to society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. KonataLand's national animal is the Juden, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Haruhiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : KonataLand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : KonataLand's influence in Anime rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 10%).
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : KonataLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : KonataLand fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : KonataLand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
Endorsements Received: None.