The Democratic Republic of Kokomo Island is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Koko B Ware with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.873 billion Kokomo Islandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kokomo. The average income tax rate is 19.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kokomo Islandian economy, worth 817 trillion Kokoes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 139,262 Kokoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, and Kokomo Island's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kokomo Island's national animal is the Pug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kokomo Island's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kokomo Island's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kokomo Island's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kokomo Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens, Most Average, and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Kokomo Island's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kokomo Island was refounded in Balder.
- : Kokomo Island ceased to exist.
- : Kokomo Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Kokomo Island fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kokomo Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.