The Free Society of Kokkinostan is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its lack of airports, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.69 billion Kokkinostanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kokkinos economy, worth a remarkable 1,251 trillion Standards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an impressive 162,720 Standards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, the KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime is totally unknown. Kokkinostan's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Kokkinostan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 10 hours ago: Kokkinostan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Kokkinostan was endorsed by The Lost World of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- 9 days ago: Kokkinostan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Licnosloboda.
- 12 days ago: Kokkinostan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Kokkinostan was endorsed by The Republic of Kevnaria.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 13 days ago: Kokkinostan endorsed The Republic of Gyllia.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Markanite, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Achiotopia, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Anollasia, Tzo, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Grungerock, Iontan, North Southumberland, Spncrgmn, Testa, The imperial state of Japan, Randomain, Hamtown, Aipotu Ruo, United Governments of Newrope, Zyrcrestia, Czechoslovachia, United Stochacist States, Freres La Cote, Beiluxia, Palestinal, Hacame, Onarii, Nojia, Mystiquelle, Snoozing Buffalax, Great-Bohemia, Bogomoln, Zaqaz Death, Screaming Saint, Lost Islands of Pantagon, New Dracora, Lamborghini Murcielago, Wysrod, Blogotopia, The Peach Islands, Hazamaeia, Earth Federation, Namabia, Ze Czech, Linkdahero, Theviolentninjaland, Hawalius, Zabbar, Dustwind, Royal Hindus, Steidenland, and 18 others.Anfuhrer, The Iron Crown Order, New gillingham, Fujisan, Richecstan, Xalon, Oswesh, Coreras, Slaytania, Dycion, Aetur, The Republic of Michigan, New Quantopia, Solleana, Gyllia, Kevnaria, Licnosloboda, and Ilha Rongo Koa.