The Free Society of Kokkinostan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.564 billion Kokkinostanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kokkinos economy, worth a remarkable 1,433 trillion Standards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an impressive 167,425 Standards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers have seized control of the economy, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, Goat is one of the most popular forenames in Kokkinostan, and cars are banned from built-up areas. Crime is totally unknown. Kokkinostan's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kokkinostan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kokkinostan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, Goat is one of the most popular forenames in Kokkinostan.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Kokkinostan endorsed The Empire of Putinen.
- : Kokkinostan was endorsed by The Empire of Putinen.
- : Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
Endorsements Received: 71 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Achiotopia, Tzo, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Grungerock, Iontan, Spncrgmn, Testa, The imperial state of Japan, Randomain, Hamtown, United Governments of Newrope, Zyrcrestia, Beiluxia, Palestinal, Hacame, Onarii, Nojia, Mystiquelle, Snoozing Buffalax, Great-Bohemia, Zaqaz Death, Screaming Saint, Lost Islands of Pantagon, New Dracora, Blogotopia, Hazamaeia, Earth Federation, Ze Czech, Linkdahero, Theviolentninjaland, Hawalius, Dustwind, Steidenland, Anfuhrer, The Iron Crown Order, Fujisan, Richecstan, Xalon, Oswesh, Coreras, Slaytania, Dycion, New Quantopia, Solleana, Kevnaria, Licnosloboda, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, and 21 others.Aersoldorf, GaultVille, Germanahii, The United Dog Days Providence, Exustyr, Zeklandia, Caesarian Rule, New Katamenia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Othan, Free Colombians, FreeGunsForAll, Aipotu Ruo, Austral Coast, Argamina, Samonaemia, Samanar, Oasisa, Tyraina, and Putinen.