The Free Society of Kokkinostan is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its lack of airports, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.179 billion Kokkinostanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kokkinos economy, worth a remarkable 1,352 trillion Standards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an impressive 165,342 Standards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and the government funds large training centres to turn Goats into functioning members of society. Crime is totally unknown. Kokkinostan's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the government funds large training centres to turn Goats into functioning members of society.
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- 9 hours ago: Kokkinostan lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- 9 hours ago: Kokkinostan endorsed The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
- 15 hours ago: Kokkinostan fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
- 15 hours ago: Kokkinostan fell out of the regional Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kokkinostan, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
Endorsements Received: 74 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Achiotopia, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Tzo, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Grungerock, Iontan, Spncrgmn, Testa, The imperial state of Japan, Randomain, Hamtown, United Governments of Newrope, Zyrcrestia, Beiluxia, Palestinal, Hacame, Onarii, Nojia, Mystiquelle, Snoozing Buffalax, Great-Bohemia, Zaqaz Death, Screaming Saint, Lost Islands of Pantagon, New Dracora, Blogotopia, The Peach Islands, Hazamaeia, Earth Federation, Ze Czech, Linkdahero, Theviolentninjaland, Hawalius, Dustwind, Royal Hindus, Steidenland, Anfuhrer, The Iron Crown Order, New gillingham, Fujisan, Richecstan, Xalon, Oswesh, Coreras, Slaytania, Dycion, New Quantopia, Solleana, and 24 others.Kevnaria, Licnosloboda, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, GaultVille, Germanahii, The United Dog Days Providence, Exustyr, Green Counties, Shigiel, Zeklandia, AdyLand, West Gensokyo, Piurre Majoris, Caesarian Rule, New Katamenia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zumwalt, Othan, The Marquesas, Free Colombians, FreeGunsForAll, and Aipotu Ruo.