“aka 'the Linguistic Conundrum of Ko-oren'”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Babelic Meritocracy of Ko-oren is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Akiranar Nembus with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.168 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ko-oren City. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A government program is underway to revitalize Ko-oren's beaches, school uniforms are compulsory, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Koronas of property damage, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ko-oren's national animal is the Dragonfly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ko-orenite Animism, and its currency is the Korona.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Koronas of property damage.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Ko-oren endorsed The Capital City of Alikki-Corra.
- 10 days ago: Ko-oren was endorsed by The Capital City of Alikki-Corra.
- 10 days ago: Ko-oren fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 11 days ago: Ko-oren lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, a government program is underway to revitalize Ko-oren's beaches.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.