“aka 'the Linguistic Conundrum of Ko-oren'”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Babelic Meritocracy of Ko-oren is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Akiranar Nembus with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.213 billion Ko-orenites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ko-oren City. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Cars are banned from built-up areas, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, heavy industry grinds to a halt as new equipment must be biked in, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ko-oren's national animal is the Dragonfly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ko-orenite Animism, and its currency is the Korona.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 1%).
- 14 days ago: Ko-oren endorsed The Nation of Mertagne.
- 14 days ago: Ko-oren was endorsed by The Nation of Mertagne.
- 21 days ago: Ko-oren altered its national flag.
- 30 days ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 34 days ago: Ko-oren's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 40 days ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).
- 52 days ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 59 days ago: Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).