“aka 'the Linguistic Conundrum of Ko-oren'”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Babelic Meritocracy of Ko-oren is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Akiranar Nembus with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.504 billion Ko-orenites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ko-oren City. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ko-oren's national animal is the Dragonfly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ko-orenite Animism, and its currency is the Korona.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Ko-oren's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Ko-oren fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Developed.
- 4 days ago: Ko-oren fell out of the regional #1 spot for Most Developed.
- 5 days ago: Ko-oren's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 17 days ago: Ko-oren was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Austenersey.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Ko-oren, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- 18 days ago: Ko-oren lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.