The Union of Ko-oren is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the 23 Committee with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 10.941 billion Unionites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Union Capital Territory. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The large but underdeveloped Ko-orenian economy, worth 680 trillion Korona aos a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,185 Korona aos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant, libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and Ko-oren has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ko-oren's national animal is the Dragonfly ao, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is various.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ko-oren lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- : Ko-oren altered its national flag.
- : Ko-oren was endorsed by The Pony Principality of Equestrian States.
- : Ko-oren's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Ko-oren was struck by a Cure Missile from The Nation of 95X, curing 47 million infected.
- : Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ko-oren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).