The Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jan Willem Daatman with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 26.694 billion Knootians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, with Defense and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hartstad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Knootian economy, worth an astonishing 12,087 trillion Atlantic Ducats a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 452,817 Atlantic Ducats, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,628,681 per year while the poor average 90,112, a ratio of 18.1 to 1.
The government seizes all major gold finds, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Knootoss's national animal is the guinea pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Knootoss voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation.
- : Knootoss approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Knootoss was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalizt".
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, Guinea pig is one of the most popular forenames in Knootoss.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Southern Low Countries.