“One, large and free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by presidente Don Gines HZ with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.529 billion Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Knights Almerian economy, worth 917 trillion Pesetas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,122 Pesetas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population, Alcazaba de Almerķa spends billions upgrading public transport, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and the government pours millions of Pesetas into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 minutes ago
- 21 minutes ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Universal Jurisdiction".
- 14 hours ago: Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 4 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 4 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 7 days ago: Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 10 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Knights Almeria, the government pours millions of Pesetas into rehabilitation programs annually.