“One, large and free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by presidente Gines Haro Zamora with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.638 billion Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
An IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Peseta.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 23 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Knights Almeria endorsed The Awkward Fishy Lands of Harmoneia.
- 7 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 9 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 10 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 10 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 21 days ago: Knights Almeria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.