The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by presidente Don Gines HZ with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.873 billion Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Knights Almerian economy, worth 924 trillion Pesetas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,041 Pesetas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population, Alcazaba de Almerķa spends billions upgrading public transport, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and the government pours millions of Pesetas into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 4 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 5 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Infectious Disease Control".
- 15 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The College Application Jamboree of Yao.
- 16 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Pact".
- 22 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 22 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 26 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".