“One, large and free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by presidente Gines Haro Zamora with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.825 billion Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
An IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Peseta.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 112 minutes ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Old Lazarus King of Killer Kitty.
- 7 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 9 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 9 days ago: Knights Almeria endorsed The Republic of Shardventoria.
- 9 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 9 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 13 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 13 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 16 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Republic of Shardventoria.
- 17 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".