“One, large and free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by presidente Gines Haro Zamora with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.346 billion, 3.342 billion of whom are zombies, Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
An IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Peseta.
Knights Almeria is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.04%
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 12 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Republic of Aenea.
- 14 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Holy Kingdom of Zexen.
- 16 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Former Lazarus thing of The Undead Horse.
- 19 days ago: Knights Almeria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 22 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North Korea".
- 25 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 31 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".