The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by presidente Don Gines HZ with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.005 billion Knights Almerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Knights Almerian economy, worth a remarkable 1,069 trillion Pesetas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,082 Pesetas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Republic of Shupei.
- : Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Knights Almeria endorsed The Kanye 2020 of Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders.
- : Knights Almeria endorsed The Confederacy of Zexen.
- : Knights Almeria endorsed The Dictatorship of Poliedrum.
- : Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Deep Blue Waters of Funkadelia.
- : Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Poliedrum.
- : Knights Almeria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Aigania, Courlany, The Floodcity, Powthran, Guy Walters, Harmoneia, Borsovia, Loftegen, Praenestia, Coreladia, Communist Stephen Colbert, Amerion, Cronintopia, Aardania, BelloCaprica, New Rogernomics, Belschaft, Luvanija, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Zexen, Poliedrum, and Shupei.