“One, large and free”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Knights Almeria is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by presidente Gines Haro Zamora with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.019 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcazaba de Almerķa. The average income tax rate is 88%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Soldiers go to war dressed in cassocks and robes, major cities are suffering under water rationing, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Knights Almeria's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Peseta.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Knights Almeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 5 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 12 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Knights Almeria endorsed The Confederacy of Independient Sistems.
- 13 days ago: Knights Almeria endorsed The Grumbling Bumbling Sheep of Drop Your Pants.
- 13 days ago: Knights Almeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 14 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Confederacy of Independient Sistems.
- 19 days ago: Knights Almeria was endorsed by The Grumbling Bumbling Sheep of Drop Your Pants.
- 21 days ago: Knights Almeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.