“Scythe by quarter”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Republic of Kloros Reap is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its cynical population of 4.152 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government is avowedly atheist, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Kloros Reap's national animal is the pale horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the corpus denae.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 7 hours ago: Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 11 days ago: Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 12 days ago: Kloros Reap relocated from Wrexham County to Ancient Lands.
- 41 days ago: Kloros Reap's influence in Wrexham County rose from "Ambassador" to "Hermit".
- 42 days ago: Kloros Reap's influence in Wrexham County rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- 42 days ago: Kloros Reap relocated from Fes to Wrexham County.
- 43 days ago: Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 43 days ago: Kloros Reap's influence in Fes rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 44 days ago: Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 47 days ago: Kloros Reap's influence in Fes rose from "Minnow" to "Truckler".