The Queen's State of Kloros Reap is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 8.12 billion Kloros Reapians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Kloros Reapian economy, worth 71.6 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 8,811 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government is avowedly atheist, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kloros Reap's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Conservative.
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".