The Queen's State of Kloros Reap is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 8.556 billion Kloros Reapians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Kloros Reapian economy, worth 75.4 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 8,811 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government is avowedly atheist, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kloros Reap's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Kloros Reap's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Kloros Reap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.