“Klaatu barada nikto”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Surprising Existence of Klaatu is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed population of 4.844 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, the Environment, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 55%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
The government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children, 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force. Klaatu's national animal is the ibex, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the non.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 28 days ago: Klaatu relocated from Groland to The South Pacific.
- 40 days ago: Klaatu relocated from Canada to Groland.
- 56 days ago: Klaatu relocated from Wysteria to Canada.
- 93 days ago: Klaatu relocated from Vanuatu to Wysteria.
- 93 days ago: Klaatu relocated from Palau to Vanuatu.
- 93 days ago: Klaatu relocated from The Scandalian Alliance to Palau.
- 152 days ago: Klaatu's influence in The Scandalian Alliance rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 178 days ago: Klaatu lodged a message on the The Scandalian Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 230 days ago: Klaatu lodged a message on the The Scandalian Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 233 days ago: Klaatu lodged a message on the The Scandalian Alliance Regional Message Board.