“Still supporting freedom and democracy in TNP”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Allied Huggable Fluffies of Kitabo is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 20.743 billion Kitaboans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Kitabo's national animal is the likito, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the quad.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Kitabo was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets.
- 4 days ago: Kitabo was endorsed by The Republic of Indonesa.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
Endorsements Received: 125 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Alunya, Grosseschnauzer, Framhaven, Groovistan, Novare Res, McMasterdonia, Selfgradatude, Ator People, Esponnise, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, New Absurdistan, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Whereisthatistan, Macworld, Ayanah, Conigsberg, My Utopian World, Boggovia, Absolutam, Bothia, Isimud, Camarthen, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Nphyx, New Greasbyland, Fourth, Mewlandia, EretzIsrael, Ryanlandania, Olvern, Former English Colony, Eglise Sainte Eve, Venezuelia, Pasargad, Eumbner, Cantalupo, Tragedia, Lunar Felicem, Rugged, Korvland, Albanum, Sheldanada, Maldovania, Arcadiom, Thatchertropolis, and 75 others.Finely Unionized Network, Velon, Spadestan, Asian Union Pact, Surachi, Falapatorius, Proov583, Jahiranna, XxGAMERZxX, Effa, Maverick Nation, Zeroxis, Mandexia, Zertazee, Latiko, Rychburn, Jefffliu, Calamazo, Dzhumabaev, Renetopia, Sasten, Democratic Republic of England, Scumshire, Kiwitaicho, Mk Steele, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, NabMex, Q w e r t y, Muffinshire, Zonkev, Boadiccea, United Chinese Republics, Ulumina, Sufcok, TranSaulvania, Thlaesia, Elevation, The Everlasting Starlights, New Delmarva, Tintarios, Jediahlonia, The Teddy, Jonathanigrad, Battle City, Nouis Remackolbis, Tlazten, Abacathea, Andromeda Islands, Holywarriors, New Winchesterland, Turangalila, Karazan, Zixar, Schnarchi, Grosscolumbia, Chris Hallett, Espana Japones, Five Bridges, Astra Lumina, Republic of Astana, Hurrayland, Varovanjov, Wisconsota, Lionia, Kephallenias, Quasaria, Austro-Hungarian federation, Mwaoam, Genovio, Bristol C, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Els Sentra, United Aonland, and Indonesa.