“Still supporting freedom and democracy in TNP”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Allied Huggable Fluffies of Kitabo is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 20.968 billion Kitaboans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, Kitabo has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Kitabo's national animal is the likito, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the quad.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Kitabo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 10 hours ago: Kitabo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 6 days ago: Kitabo was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Brussels.
- 8 days ago: Kitabo fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Kitabo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Kitabo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Kitabo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 13 days ago: Kitabo was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Kitabo, Kitabo has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Alunya, Grosseschnauzer, Framhaven, Groovistan, Novare Res, McMasterdonia, Selfgradatude, Ator People, Esponnise, HMS Unicorn, New Absurdistan, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Whereisthatistan, Macworld, Ayanah, Conigsberg, Boggovia, Bothia, Isimud, Camarthen, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Nphyx, New Greasbyland, Mewlandia, EretzIsrael, Ryanlandania, Olvern, Former English Colony, Eglise Sainte Eve, Venezuelia, Pasargad, Eumbner, Cantalupo, Tragedia, Lunar Felicem, Sheldanada, Maldovania, Arcadiom, Thatchertropolis, Finely Unionized Network, Velon, Spadestan, Asian Union Pact, Surachi, Falapatorius, Proov583, and 65 others.Jahiranna, XxGAMERZxX, Maverick Nation, Zeroxis, Mandexia, Zertazee, Rychburn, Jefffliu, Calamazo, Renetopia, Sasten, Democratic Republic of England, Scumshire, Kiwitaicho, Mk Steele, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, NabMex, Q w e r t y, Muffinshire, Boadiccea, Sufcok, TranSaulvania, Thlaesia, Elevation, The Everlasting Starlights, New Delmarva, Tintarios, Jediahlonia, The Teddy, Jonathanigrad, Battle City, Nouis Remackolbis, Tlazten, Abacathea, Andromeda Islands, Holywarriors, Zixar, Schnarchi, Grosscolumbia, Chris Hallett, Espana Japones, Five Bridges, Astra Lumina, Republic of Astana, Varovanjov, Wisconsota, Lionia, Kephallenias, Quasaria, Austro-Hungarian federation, Mwaoam, Bristol C, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Els Sentra, Indonesa, Emmers, United Chinese Republics, Kroassant, Kialga-Lourti, Beauce, Dutchyland, Spadanera, Territorio di Nessuno, and New Brussels.