“here it sits”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Semi Agrarian Metropolis of Kiryu-shi is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 15.399 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kasakake University. The average income tax rate is 8%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Kiryu-shi to be bombproof. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kiryu-shi's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Quee, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 16 days ago: Kiryu-shi relocated from Lazarus to Atlantian Oceania.
- 16 days ago: Kiryu-shi was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather.
- 17 days ago: Kiryu-shi was refounded in Lazarus.
- 17 days ago: Kiryu-shi ceased to exist.
- 20 days ago: Kiryu-shi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Kiryu-shi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 27 days ago: Kiryu-shi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- 27 days ago: Kiryu-shi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 36 days ago: Kiryu-shi was struck by a Cure Missile from The Parliamentary Republic of The Inevitable Syndicate, curing 1 million infected.
- 36 days ago: Kiryu-shi was struck by a Cure Missile from The Unified City-States of Maraque, curing 1 million infected.