“The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The United States of Kiosland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by its leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.839 billion Kioslandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiostown. The average income tax rate is 32%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kiosland's national animal is the Jinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kiosi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, private law firms are unheard of.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits.
- 18 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Community of The Drunk Irishmen.
- 21 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 22 days ago: Kiosland endorsed The Libertarian Autocracy of Desu Reich.
- 22 days ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Kiosland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Noordeinde, Armenika, Arlenee, The Knights who say Neee, Precisely Nothing, Paulotzia, HK Colt, Eire go Bragh, The United Republic of the Red Star, Aurie, Namonia, Trollfaceia, Dat Countreh, Tryhearts, Castelvetro, Apto, The Roman City-States, Serania, Basement Kitteh, Jaccardistan, Mantussinia, ParadiseOnEarth2U, Fartsoundia, Mascarena, Nippluania, Dendodgia, Gustavpolis, Haagland, Fusion States, Demons and Monsters of Norway, Stuclica, Golionz, Fortia, Tyranic Tyrany of Tyranistan, Athorack, Ibo-Biafra, Mousebumples, and The Drunk Irishmen.