“The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Grand Union of the People of Kiosland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by its leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.012 billion Kiolanesi enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kiosland's national animal is the Jinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Jinx'i mythology, and its currency is the kiosi.
Kiosland is ranked 169th in Europeia and 18,489th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 157 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The United States of --Neo-America--.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- 6 days ago: Kiosland endorsed The United States of --Neo-America--.
- 6 days ago: Kiosland changed its national faith to "Jinx'i mythology".
- 10 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of New Spera.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Noordeinde, Armenika, The Knights who say Neee, Precisely Nothing, Paulotzia, The United Republic of the Red Star, Aurie, Namonia, Trollfaceia, Tryhearts, Castelvetro, Apto, The Roman City-States, Serania, Basement Kitteh, Jaccardistan, Fartsoundia, Mascarena, Nippluania, Dendodgia, Gustavpolis, Haagland, Fusion States, Demons and Monsters of Norway, Stuclica, Golionz, Fortia, Tyranic Tyrany of Tyranistan, Athorack, Ibo-Biafra, Mousebumples, Pyongyang II, Northern franceland, Germanialands, United Republic of the Crusaders, De re publica populi Romani, Haleytinium, New Spera, and --Neo-America--.