“The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United States of Kiosland is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by their leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.31 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiostown. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, and guns are banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kiosland's national animal is the Jinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kiosi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 8 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Empire of Underiaistan.
- 14 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Porta Rico People.
- 14 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Malinka.
- 16 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Free Land of GirlFriday.
- 16 days ago: Kiosland was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, guns are banned.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 21 days ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 21 (Delegate Vinage, Deneb Algedi, Noordeinde, Armenika, Arlenee, The Great American Reich, House Geaney, Spetsnazastan, Daru Shikoh, Munichsten, Bakilior, Anikatia, Litsenberg, Brentwood, New Sivonia, The Knights who say Neee, Cartagonia, Precisely Nothing, GirlFriday, Malinka, Underiaistan)