“The time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The United States of Kiosland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by its leader with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.252 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiostown. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
All footpaths have tollbooths, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, Kiosland is renowned for its lax gun laws, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kiosland's national animal is the Jinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kiosi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, Kiosland is renowned for its lax gun laws.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours.
- 12 days ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Kiosland's influence in Europeia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 23 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Unitary Commonwealth of Rusland Federati.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Noordeinde, Armenika, Arlenee, The Knights who say Neee, Precisely Nothing, Paulotzia, HK Colt, Moronist Decisions, Eire go Bragh, Narlia, The United Republic of the Red Star, Cherise, Puccishire, Aurie, Namonia, Trollfaceia, United states of sunseed, Dat Countreh, Tryhearts, Castelvetro, Apto, Liberalium, The Roman City-States, Central New York, Serania, Basement Kitteh, Jaccardistan, Northern Knights, Mantussinia, ParadiseOnEarth2U, Rhondesi, Fartsoundia, Mascarena, The Kingdom of Percy, Liamerick, Dundelles, and Rusland Federati.