The Grand Union of the People of Kiosland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Maximus Kittien't with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.044 billion Kiolanesi enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiville. The average income tax rate is 41.7%.
The all-consuming Kioslanian economy, worth 435 trillion kiosis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 72,096 kiosis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kiosland's national animal is the Jinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Jinx'i mythology.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Kiosland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 6 days ago: Kiosland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 9 days ago: Kiosland was endorsed by The Parthenos Thea of Athenalion.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kiosland, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 10 days ago: Kiosland endorsed The Queendom of Elanore.
- 10 days ago: Kiosland endorsed The Parthenos Thea of Athenalion.
- 10 days ago: Kiosland endorsed The Democratic States of Katkasistan.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Dyre, Shadowdragon1998, Saint-Justin, Amazao, Dictator Anna 10, DDAHK, Fifthland, United States of the Black Sea, Mousebumples, --Neo-America--, Felibus, New Spera, Trollfaceia, Frihetland, Haleytinium, Sartaria, Cerusa, Aevana, Visceralia, Fartsoundia, Ebola Immune Goats, Cragnam, Castelvetro, Central American States, Gepartia, The Knights who say Neee, Precisely Nothing, The Rebublic of Nyx, Rist Stone, Elanore, Katkasistan, Athorack, and Athenalion.