“Freedom through Progress”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Technocratic State of Kinitaria is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Administrator Halim Peronilič with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.503 billion Kinitars are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mi'ato. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, Kinitaria's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kinitaria's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Kinitar Orthodox Christianity, and its currency is the hirin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Kinitaria lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 10 hours ago: Kinitaria changed its national motto to "Freedom through Progress".
- 10 hours ago: Kinitaria altered its national flag.
- 10 hours ago: Kinitaria changed its national nation type to "Technocratic State".
- 10 hours ago: Kinitaria changed its national faith to "Kinitar Orthodox Christianity" and its leader to "Administrator Halim Peronilič".
- 7 days ago: Kinitaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Kinitaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 11 days ago: Kinitaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Kinitaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Kinitaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.