The Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Mikhail Aruthyan jr with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 13.996 billion Kingfordians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirushostan. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kingsley Bedfordian economy, worth a remarkable 1,767 trillion Kingfordian Drams a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 126,307 Kingfordian Drams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, school uniforms are compulsory, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kingsley Bedford's national animal is the Firebird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 18 hours ago
- 10 days ago: Kingsley Bedford fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 19 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Defense of Self and Others"".
- 23 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Marriage Act"".
- 24 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Republicans"".
- 24 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Universal Jurisdiction".
- 29 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 29 days ago: Kingsley Bedford lodged a message on the Novus Licentia Terra Regional Message Board.
- 35 days ago: Kingsley Bedford was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Kingsley Bedford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".