“Rising From The Flames”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Novus Licentia Terra
The Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Mikhail Aruthyan jr with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 13.792 billion Kingfordians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirushostan. The average income tax rate is 83.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kingsley Bedfordian economy, worth a remarkable 1,746 trillion Kingfordian Drams a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 126,597 Kingfordian Drams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, school uniforms are compulsory, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kingsley Bedford's national animal is the Firebird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Kingsley Bedford was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Kingsley Bedford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 8 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 10 days ago: Kingsley Bedford approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Black Riders".
- 10 days ago: Kingsley Bedford approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 13 days ago: Kingsley Bedford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Debris Accord".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Kingsley Bedford, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Kingsley Bedford, school uniforms are compulsory.