The Europeian Grandfather State of King HEM is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by HEM Tiberius with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.875 billion Europeians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Legionaires. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Europeian economy, worth a remarkable 2,155 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,566 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All guns must be registered, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. King HEM's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 5 days ago: King HEM altered its national flag.
- 14 days ago: King HEM was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: King HEM was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: King HEM updated the World Factbook entry in Europeia.
- 15 days ago: King HEM relocated from Osiris to Europeia.
- 15 days ago: King HEM was refounded in Osiris.
- 17 days ago: King HEM ceased to exist.
- 18 days ago: King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 20 days ago: King HEM was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: King HEM was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).