The Europeian Grandfather State of King HEM is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by HEM Tiberius with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic population of 18.477 billion Europeians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Legionaires. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Europeian economy, worth a remarkable 2,257 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 122,187 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. King HEM's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : King HEM relocated from Balder to Europeia.
- : King HEM was refounded in Balder.
- : King HEM ceased to exist.
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : King HEM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).