“Equality is a right, not a privilege”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Insane Asylum of Ki Baratan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ginella Huntington with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.873 billion Ki Baratanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edosia. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million nothings of property damage, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Ki Baratan in search of flying purple hippos, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ki Baratan's national animal is the flying purple hippo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the nothing.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Ki Baratan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Queendom of Celdonie.
- 4 days ago: Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Pannonian Commonwealth of Alfoldia.
- 6 days ago: Ki Baratan's influence in Gay rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 15 days ago: Ki Baratan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 16 days ago: Ki Baratan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Skhotland.
- 26 days ago: Ki Baratan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Ki Baratan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Ki Baratan, there is a dearth of space for new houses.