The Insane Asylum of Ki Baratan is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Ginella Huntington with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.426 billion Ki Baratanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edosia. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The strong Ki Baratanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,675 trillion nothings a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,201 nothings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, and teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank. Crime is totally unknown. Ki Baratan's national animal is the flying purple hippo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Gay Paradise of Djanoubia.
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Republic of Senshu.
- : Ki Baratan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Ki Baratan lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of Chisholm.
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Qaskura.
- : Ki Baratan's influence in Gay fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Republic of Ginema.
- : Ki Baratan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Ki Baratan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Aruvicion.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Emory, Marsaries, The Starlight Lands, Iizaarland, Saint-Sebastian, Alfoldia, Celdonie, BearNation, Roulantina, Duodez, LeMoyne, Urdustan, Otis-T, Catanthia, New Angleterre, Fennijer, Cuillin, Aqaetaine, Belhomme, Zevaran, Norroen, Aruvicion, Qaskura, Chisholm, Senshu, and Djanoubia.