The Public Domain of Khanatah is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.537 billion people are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Law & Order and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of every region and community. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant People's economy, worth 138 trillion drug-induced hallucinations a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 13,183 drug-induced hallucinations, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, Khanatah's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is relatively low. Khanatah's national animal is the corporation, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the opium of the masses.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Khanatah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "National Economic Liberties".
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Khanatah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, Khanatah's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Khanatah fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Khanatah, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- : Khanatah endorsed The Senate and People of Ninten.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Greater Cuba, Old-Britannia, Rastrania Akatsuki, Dudaev, The zorgonny Wasteland, Northern Socialist States, Marthuania, Korskha, Mutant wasteland, Slavestate, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Terricon, Arioslavia, Yevraziya, Soviet Polsol, Serksis Federation, Allancia, Jamstown, Renbokia, Demopolitania, Communist Bratislavia, The United English Communist States, and RedCommunist.
WA update pending: nation has 24 verified endorsements.