“Glory to the Empire and the Emperor!”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The New Galactic Empire
The Sith Principality of Khali is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Khali with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.956 billion Imperials are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crag Citadel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 2,100 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 352,675 Imperial Credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,808,808 per year while the poor average 10,527, a ratio of 266 to 1.
Government policy is dictated by The Force, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, Khali is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and Khali-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Khali's national animal is the Nerf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Force.
Khali is ranked 120th in The New Galactic Empire and 111,935th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -1,965.9 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, Khali-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Khali was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, Khali is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, government policy is dictated by The Force.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, billions of Imperial Credits are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Khali, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Khali, Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Nerf Lasagne is a hit.
- 4 days ago: Khali lodged a message on the The New Galactic Empire Regional Message Board.