“Do you hear the People sing? The song of angry men!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Corporate Alliance of Kestral Blue is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by CEO Frank Kestral with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.213 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Faelgroth. The average income tax rate is 66%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Nudity is frowned upon, anti-government web sites are springing up, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and the people of Kestral Blue are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kestral Blue's national animal is the Kestral, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Blue Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Kestral Blue was endorsed by The Dance Party Chairman of Southern Bellz.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Kestral Blue was endorsed by The Republic of Kringalia.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Kestral Blue fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 4 days ago: Kestral Blue was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Kestral Blue, the people of Kestral Blue are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes.
- 7 days ago: Kestral Blue voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states"".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kestral Blue, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 10 days ago: Kestral Blue lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kestral Blue, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kestral Blue, nudity is frowned upon.
Endorsements Received: 62 (Brutland and Norden, Brittany the Great, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Pamela And Hepatitis, Kiasu-ism, Aramanchovia, Pugs Only, Kholdan, Darakin, Nobody Home, Lord Booze, Neo-Tesla, Royeaux, South Pacific Belschaft, Great Bahamas, Gauthier, Nevergrowoldia, Theorin, Atamis, Cape Adare, Ghojingles, Michu, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kongaria, Azuremyst Glades, Sheepatropolis, Aedinor, Gensville, Bilgeria, Uprisistan, The Tiger Kingdom, Andermanni, The Bloodguard, Radole, The HEM, The Legit Republic of Blanketsburg, Bergenu, Dovanet, Vulkanus, Ancient Slobovia, El Moriyana, Tsunamy, El Markus, Mithres, Vatsalaprastha, Isle of Harris, Commonwealth Of Caprica, --TAO--, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Awesomiasa, Meddigo, Sir Beltz, Bobs raider puppet, Escade, Zhongrustra, Tenir, The Hare Jordans, QuietDad, Alv, PenguinPies, Kringalia, Southern Bellz)