|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The ZTES Stronghold of Kestral Blue is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Commander Frank Kestral with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.252 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Faelgroth. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture.
The nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, torture is illegal, and urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kestral Blue's national animal is the Kestral, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Blue Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Kestral Blue endorsed The Dictatorship of Akiroslobaquia.
- 8 hours ago: Kestral Blue was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Akiroslobaquia.
- 19 hours ago: Kestral Blue was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 20 hours ago: Kestral Blue was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Kestral Blue voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Kestral Blue endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Emily Ruff.
- 4 days ago: Kestral Blue was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Emily Ruff.
- 4 days ago: Kestral Blue voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 5 days ago: Kestral Blue lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Kestral Blue endorsed The Protectorate of Australian Aboriginal States.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Brittany the Great, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Pamela And Hepatitis, Kiasu-ism, Aramanchovia, Kholdan, Darakin, Lord Booze, South Pacific Belschaft, Gauthier, Nevergrowoldia, Theorin, Atamis, Cape Adare, Michu, Kongaria, Azuremyst Glades, Sheepatropolis, Aedinor, Gensville, Uprisistan, Andermanni, The Bloodguard, The HEM, Bergenu, Dovanet, Vulkanus, Ancient Slobovia, El Moriyana, Tsunamy, Kringalia, Ryccia, Kien Truong, The Two Jerseys, Escade, Alv, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, BIOTECH Industries, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, The Union of Free Individuals, Hileville, The Dragons Islands, Bear Connors Paradiso, New Antara, Iyadara, Yeses, Elentia, Elementerra, Alf Landon, and 13 others.Karatengisa, Cispossibilia, Unionized America, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Tealia, General Hegamony, Sierra Lobo, Sherlockopia, Sanden, The Zhukov Regime, Australian Aboriginal States, Emily Ruff, and Akiroslobaquia.