|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: British Isles
The Wonderland of Keronika is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Daniel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.413 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is totally unknown. Keronika's national animal is the sasquach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Charismatic Wiccan Scientists, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Keronika was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Berrean.
- 4 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Federation of Venohalia.
- 4 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Berrean.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 22 hours ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Duchy of Hemenster.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Keronika approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Aglrinia".
Endorsements Received: 67 (Twenty-First Century Rome, Hanoveria, Adun, Linusia, Republic of Marante, Across, ClaytonThereby, Taratiere, Drunkdriven, Birdmania, Great Britain-Ireland-Italy, Blue Cross, Jessjohnesik, Idriana, United Nationalist Republic, Russiane, Hollowed Victorious, Deus Ex De Scientia, The United Caribbean Kingdom, Forlini and its Dominion, Diamonte, Chefdevergia, Futunia, Fantrum, A saor tuath, Songchow, TBA, Tuzenor, Richardian, The Republic of Mattlandia, TractionVill, Beatlemaniacs, Shaidown, Aridiaa, The Carruthers Industries, Frilonia, Soviet-Brabant, Sollis, West Angelina, Brabrantium, Anansi Place, ChinaDuck, Ziland, Megatron The Country, The Dictatorship of Dystopia, Yugoslavia1, BritianiaAmerica, San Janoso, Saloucia, Juernsey, The Royal Union Of Britan, What happend here, The Armed Republic of Finchley, Aerstorn, Outdoorsmen and Rednecks, Redovah, Great Zlin, Stelser, Island of the Blade, Faery Land, Crew, Odijk, Great Britain and Her Majestys Dominions, The Britannium Expeditionary Corps, Saint Jacqueline, Cote Soleil, Berrean)
WA update pending: nation has 66 verified endorsements.