“Down for Maintenance”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: British Isles
The Wonderland of Keronika is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Daniel with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.128 billion Keronikas enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Education and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery industries.
The nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keronika's national animal is the sasquach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Charismatic Wiccan Scientists, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 2 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Dictatorship of Chyetvyerg.
- 4 hours ago: Keronika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 4 hours ago: Keronika voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 4 hours ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Keronika was endorsed by The Queendom of Ayanova.
- 7 days ago: Keronika endorsed The Fourth Great Republik of Zyberkalicystan.
- 7 days ago: Keronika endorsed The Queendom of Ayanova.