“Down for Maintenance”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: British Isles
The Wonderland of Keronika is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Sir Daniel with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.303 billion Keronikas enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Commerce, although Education and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery industries.
Men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keronika's national animal is the sasquach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Charismatic Wiccan Scientists, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 18 hours ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Mathys.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Commonwealth of Freestanburg.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Keronika voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 2 days ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Keronika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Keronika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Keronika fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Keronika fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.