“Down for Maintenance”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: British Isles
The Wonderland of Keronika is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sir Daniel with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.992 billion Keronikas enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Education and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery industries.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, 'Abstinence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder' is a common school motto, the criminal underworld is awash with sausage smuggling, and third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keronika's national animal is the sasquach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Charismatic Wiccan Scientists, and its currency is the pound.
Keronika is ranked 76,982nd in the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, scoring -8 on the Hayek Index.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Keronika was endorsed by The Technocratic Immorality of Basementees.
- 5 hours ago: Keronika was endorsed by The Free State of The Republic of Mattlandia.
- 6 hours ago: Keronika lost the endorsement of The Holy Northumbrian Empire of Britain and Brittany.
- 6 hours ago: Keronika was endorsed by The Holy Northumbrian Empire of Britain and Brittany.
- 8 hours ago: Keronika's influence in British Isles rose from "Minnow" to "Powerbroker".
- 8 hours ago: Keronika was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Keronika, the criminal underworld is awash with sausage smuggling.
- 18 hours ago: Keronika lodged a message on the British Isles Regional Message Board.
- 18 hours ago: Keronika endorsed The Mobile Conglomerate of TractionVill.