“Freedom, Honour, Debate”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Parliamentary Republic of Kernansquillec is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Benjamin Alford with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.287 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kernansquillec City. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", and contrails and thunderous rumbles have returned to the skies above. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kernansquillec's national animal is the Breton Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Football, and its currency is the Gold Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 10 hours ago: Kernansquillec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 10 hours ago: Kernansquillec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Kernansquillec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Kernansquillec fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 10 days ago: Kernansquillec was endorsed by The Federation of Whirl Islands.
- 14 days ago: Kernansquillec was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- 16 days ago: Kernansquillec was endorsed by The Rechom of Darmen.
- 17 days ago: Kernansquillec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 18 days ago: Kernansquillec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 23 days ago: Kernansquillec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).