“Long Beach is in the House!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: New Sorvun
The Pan-Africanist State of Kenfeia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.16 billion Kenfeians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kenfeia City. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Kenfeia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the senay.
Most Recent Government Activity: 43 days ago
- 4 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 11 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 26 days ago: Kenfeia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 43 days ago: Kenfeia lost the endorsement of The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah.
- 43 days ago: Kenfeia lodged a message on the New Sorvun Regional Message Board.
- 43 days ago: Kenfeia withdrew its endorsement from The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah.
- 43 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 62 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
Endorsements Received: None.