“Long Beach is in the House!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: New Sorvun
The Pan-Africanist State of Kenfeia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.293 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kenfeia City. The average income tax rate is 77%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Kenfeia's national animal is the falcon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the senay.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Kenfeia lodged a message on the New Sorvun Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 33 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 34 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 43 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 50 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 96 days ago: Kenfeia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 109 days ago: Kenfeia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 116 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 120 days ago: Kenfeia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Tsruhkwah.