“Unum Cum Virtute Multorum”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Socialist Commonwealth of Kelssek is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Dominique Drapeau with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 23.006 billion Kelssekians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neorvins. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, prison visits increase substantially during election years, euthanasia is legal, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kelssek's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the loonie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Kelssek was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Kelssek voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 9 days ago: Kelssek was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Molzavar.
- 11 days ago: Kelssek was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Kelssek, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Kelssek, euthanasia is legal.
- 12 days ago: Kelssek was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 1%).
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Kelssek, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Kelssek, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 23 days ago: Kelssek fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.