The Queen's State of Kellestine is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Governor with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 17.285 billion Kellestineans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Kellestinean economy, worth 80.3 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,647 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
None has been named as Kellestine's national religion, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and The Governor has just been declared ruler of Kellestine in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kellestine's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 7 days ago: Kellestine fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 14 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 27 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 28 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 30 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 31 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 35 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.