|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Kellestine is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.393 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste and avoid even more costly cleanup costs, voting is voluntary, Presbyterian has been named as Kellestine's national religion, and the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth. Crime is totally unknown. Kellestine's national animal is the black bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 11 hours ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Kellestine, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- 19 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Kellestine changed its national faith to "Presbyterian".
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Kellestine, Presbyterian has been named as Kellestine's national religion.
- 27 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 28 days ago: Kellestine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 30 days ago: Kellestine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 40 days ago: Kellestine altered its national flag.