|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Republic of Kellestine is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Protector with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14.569 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Presbyterian has been named as Kellestine's national religion, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and Lord Protector has just been declared ruler of Kellestine in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown. Kellestine's national animal is the black bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 19 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 25 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Kellestine relocated from Dungannon and South Tyrone to Ancient Lands.
- 33 days ago: Kellestine's influence in Dungannon and South Tyrone fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 36 days ago: Kellestine's influence in Dungannon and South Tyrone rose from "Minnow" to "Truckler".
- 38 days ago: Kellestine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 40 days ago: Kellestine's influence in Dungannon and South Tyrone fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".