The Socialist Bohemian Rhapsody of Kele is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Julian Anumia with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 21.437 billion Keleans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bohemian Rhap City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Kelean economy, worth 391 trillion Ardans a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,251 Ardans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, cars are banned from built-up areas, Dragons are considered a delicacy, and torture is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kele's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 26 days ago: Kele fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 66 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 68 days ago: Kele fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- 80 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 87 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- 105 days ago: Kele fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 232 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- 288 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 299 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 22 days ago: Kele was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.