“Listen to the voices”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Black Market
The People's Republic of KeeZ is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by ZKee1 with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.772 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kinsbaile. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, voting is voluntary, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. KeeZ's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 7 hours ago: KeeZ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 5 days ago: KeeZ's influence in The Black Market rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 6 days ago: KeeZ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 6 days ago: KeeZ lost WA Delegate status in The Black Market.
- 7 days ago: KeeZ approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 7 days ago: KeeZ approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 7 days ago: KeeZ voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 9 days ago: KeeZ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: KeeZ voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 13 days ago: KeeZ fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
Endorsements Received: None.