“Live, work and play in Keefenstein”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Confederacy of Keefenstein is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.772 billion Keefensteinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Retail and Book Publishing.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keefenstein's national animal is the polar bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the keefer.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 92 minutes ago: Keefenstein was endorsed by The Borderlands of Santana Tucuruvi.
- 17 hours ago: Keefenstein endorsed The Republic of Golarion.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Keefenstein was endorsed by The Republic of Borinquenn.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Keefenstein was endorsed by The Republic of Golarion.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Keefenstein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Keefenstein endorsed The Making a Fresh Start of Loftegen.
- 4 days ago: Keefenstein was endorsed by The Making a Fresh Start of Loftegen.
- 5 days ago: Keefenstein was endorsed by The Dire Fatness of Eight Hippopotamuses.
- 6 days ago: Keefenstein fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Keefenstein lost the endorsement of The Dire Fatness of Eight Hippopotamuses.
Endorsements Received: 31 » --Camila--, Liuchong, The Citizens Commonwealth, Romosia, Indira, Zyonn, Unavailable, Sedgistan, Unibot III, Perfect Sublime Masters, Trawa, Stabilitatem, Smurflandia, Rolf harris, Marrow Wind, Aten Xi, Zalodia, Cosignant, Cornonor, Bvriania, Alpha Centauri 1, Aventuria Bay, Asgaardia, Azrkyrtovaken, Cocaine factory island, Farmora, Eight Hippopotamuses, Loftegen, Golarion, Borinquenn, and Santana Tucuruvi.