The Imperium of Kauvara is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Caelum Lucis with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.566 billion Kauvarans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Social Policy, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vulpes. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kauvaran economy, worth a remarkable 2,030 trillion argents a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 212,266 argents, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kauvara's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, billions are being spent on a new island airport, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kauvara's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Vulpesian Animism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kauvara fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Kauvara's influence in Greater Ixnay fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.