The Imperium of Kauvara is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Caelum Lucis with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.468 billion Kauvarans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Social Policy, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vulpes. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Kauvaran economy, worth a remarkable 1,767 trillion argents a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 208,709 argents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, Kauvara's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kauvara's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Vulpesian Animism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 19 minutes ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Kauvara fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kauvara, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kauvara, Kauvara's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- 6 days ago: Kauvara fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 9 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Kauvara fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 12 days ago: Kauvara's influence in Greater Ixnay fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 13 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 1%).