The Imperium of Kauvara is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Caelum Lucis with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.568 billion Kauvarans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Social Policy, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vulpes. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kauvaran economy, worth a remarkable 1,797 trillion argents a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 209,761 argents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Kauvara's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, billions are being spent on a new island airport, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kauvara's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Vulpesian Animism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Kauvara's influence in Greater Ixnay fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 5 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 8 days ago: Kauvara fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 8 days ago: Kauvara's influence in Greater Ixnay rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 12 days ago: Kauvara voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
- 12 days ago: Kauvara voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Kauvara, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Kauvara, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- 16 days ago: Kauvara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).