“A Patriam nuditas et feles!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The People's Republic of Katistan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.248 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katistan City. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Religious classes are compulsory for all school students, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime is totally unknown. Katistan's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Kati.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 5 hours ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Katistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Katistan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, religious classes are compulsory for all school students.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 5 days ago: Katistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Region of reunited muslim states"".
- 7 days ago: Katistan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Katistan, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
Endorsements Received: 20 (Kokkinostan, Kryptal, Edgemaster, Dustwind, Ikhlaqistan, KooKachoo, Eat_aly, Osea Island, Lumiere au sein de, Lubnid, Cammiwoo, Gitchie Manito, Stas Nikitin, The Laurentian Islands, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Rex Republic, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Ayunli, Britannium)