The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.772 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 496 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 46,124 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- : Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.