“August 23rd; Mourning the death of Kasi, our founder”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Alternative Left
The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.425 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 48%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Basket Weaving.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the kasian yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 22 days ago: Kasi Islands changed its national demonym to "Kasi Islander" and its demonym adjective to "Kasi Islander".
- 41 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 42 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.
- 42 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Lazarus.
- 43 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- 58 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 71 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 72 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.
- 72 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Lazarus.
- 72 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.