The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.577 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 487 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 46,124 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Kasi Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.
- : Kasi Islands was refounded in Lazarus.