The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Homer with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.41 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kasi City. The average income tax rate is 69.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 564 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. Average income is 45,456 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program, Kasi Islands has designated Kasi City as its capital city, and President Homer has just been declared ruler of Kasi Islands in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- : Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Kasi Islands agreed to construct embassies between The Alternative Left and East of West.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.