The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.71 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 447 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 46,124 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 37 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 103 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 185 days ago: Kasi Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 206 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 207 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- 207 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- 210 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- 239 days ago: Kasi Islands changed its national demonym to "Kasi Islander" and its demonym adjective to "Kasi Islander".
- 258 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 259 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.