“August 23rd; Mourning the death of Kasi, our founder”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Alternative Left
The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.536 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 435 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Average income is 45,695 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 7 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 73 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 155 days ago: Kasi Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 176 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 176 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- 176 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- 180 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- 208 days ago: Kasi Islands changed its national demonym to "Kasi Islander" and its demonym adjective to "Kasi Islander".
- 228 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 228 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.