“August 23rd; Mourning the death of Kasi, our founder”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Alternative Left
The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.908 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Defence are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 48%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Basket Weaving.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the kasian yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 53 days ago: Kasi Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 74 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 75 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- 75 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- 79 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- 107 days ago: Kasi Islands changed its national demonym to "Kasi Islander" and its demonym adjective to "Kasi Islander".
- 126 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 127 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.
- 127 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Lazarus.
- 128 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.