The Proud Nation of Kasi Islands is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.863 billion Kasi Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kasi Islander economy, worth 454 trillion kasian yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 46,124 kasian yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and billions of kasian yens are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasi Islands's national animal is the crotalia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Kasi Islands is ranked 1st in The Alternative Left and 72,375th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 60 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 63 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 129 days ago: Kasi Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 211 days ago: Kasi Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 232 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 233 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Osiris to The Alternative Left.
- 233 days ago: Kasi Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- 237 days ago: Kasi Islands ceased to exist.
- 265 days ago: Kasi Islands changed its national demonym to "Kasi Islander" and its demonym adjective to "Kasi Islander".
- 284 days ago: Kasi Islands's influence in The Alternative Left fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 285 days ago: Kasi Islands relocated from Lazarus to The Alternative Left.