The Anarchist Reeducation of Karl Marx is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.699 billion Marxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Karl Marxian economy, worth 156 trillion Words a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 33,202 Words, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 56 days ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 15 days ago: Karl Marx relocated from Democratic Left to The Rejected Realms.
- 15 days ago: Karl Marx was ejected and banned from Democratic Left by The People's Republic of Chairman Meow.
- 15 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in Democratic Left rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 23 days ago: Karl Marx fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 25 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in Democratic Left fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 35 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in Democratic Left fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 42 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.