“Capitalism is Organized Crime”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: San Francisco
The Communist Collective of Karl Marx is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.237 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 47%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Word.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 10 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in San Francisco rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 21 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 28 days ago: Karl Marx fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Karl Marx, Lions have more rights than the average citizen.
- 33 days ago: Karl Marx relocated from Red Army Headquarters to San Francisco.
- 34 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 39 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Karl Marx, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Karl Marx, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.