“Capitalism is Organized Crime”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Red Army Headquarters
The Communist Collective of Karl Marx is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.18 billion Marxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Karl Marxian economy, worth 138 trillion Words a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 33,202 Words, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 25 days ago: Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 34 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 54 days ago: Karl Marx relocated from Lazarus to Red Army Headquarters.
- 54 days ago: Karl Marx altered its national flag.
- 54 days ago: Karl Marx changed its national demonym to "Marxian".
- 54 days ago: Karl Marx was refounded in Lazarus.
- 186 days ago: Karl Marx ceased to exist.
- 189 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 191 days ago: Karl Marx fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.