“Capitalism is Organized Crime”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Red Army Headquarters
The Communist Collective of Karl Marx is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.929 billion Marxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 50%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Word.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 13 days ago: Karl Marx relocated from Lazarus to Red Army Headquarters.
- 13 days ago: Karl Marx altered its national flag.
- 13 days ago: Karl Marx changed its national demonym to "Marxian".
- 13 days ago: Karl Marx was refounded in Lazarus.
- 145 days ago: Karl Marx ceased to exist.
- 148 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 150 days ago: Karl Marx fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 151 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 158 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 205 days ago: Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.