The Communist Collective of Karl Marx is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.429 billion Marxists hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Karl Marxian economy, worth 279 trillion Words a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,674 Words, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Highest Crime Rates.
- : Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Karl Marx's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Karl Marx created a custom banner.
- : Karl Marx altered its national flag.
- : Karl Marx changed its national demonym to "Marxist".
- : Karl Marx relocated from Balder to Red Army Headquarters.
- : Karl Marx was refounded in Balder.