The Communist Collective of Karl Marx is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.756 billion Marxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxburg. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Karl Marxian economy, worth 157 trillion Words a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 33,202 Words, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and Lions have more rights than the average citizen. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Karl Marx's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karl Marx changed its national motto to "You're gonna choke on it".
- : Karl Marx created a custom banner.
- : Karl Marx altered its national flag.
- : Karl Marx changed its national nation type to "Communist Collective".
- : Karl Marx was refounded in Osiris.
- : Karl Marx ceased to exist.
- : Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Karl Marx was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Karl Marx relocated from Democratic Left to The Rejected Realms.
- : Karl Marx was ejected and banned from Democratic Left by Chairman meow.