The Borderland Queendom of Karistina is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Karistina Rajem with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful population of 25.438 billion Karistinans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Industry and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rajem. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Karistinan economy, worth 458 trillion marks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 18,006 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, cars are banned from built-up areas, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and the people of Karistina are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karistina's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Karistina, the people of Karistina are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes.
- 6 days ago: Karistina lodged a message on the The Wheel of Time Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Karistina lost WA Delegate status in The Wheel of Time.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Karistina, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Karistina, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Karistina, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 13 days ago: Karistina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Karistina became WA Delegate of The Wheel of Time.
- 13 days ago: Karistina was endorsed by The Republic of New Bandar Eban.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Karistina, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime.
Endorsements Received: None.