The Night Goblin Stronghold of Karak Eight Peaks is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Skarsnik with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.159 billion Karak Eight Peaksians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karak Eight Peaks. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Karak Eight Peaksian economy, worth a remarkable 2,463 trillion teefs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 220,781 teefs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 631,209 per year while the poor average 61,511, a ratio of 10.3 to 1.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, believers must practice religion behind church doors lest the government smite them with a mighty fine, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Karak Eight Peaks's national animal is the squig, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Gork and Mork.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 9 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 9 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 11 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 14 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 15 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks altered its national flag.
- 15 days ago: Karak Eight Peaks was refounded in Osiris.