The Clampdown of Kaputer is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Joe Strummer with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 14.396 billion Kaputerians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Airstrip One. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kaputerian economy, worth a remarkable 4,107 trillion Springsteens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 285,339 Springsteens, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 827,565 per year while the poor average 77,920, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
The legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence, robosexual marriages are increasingly common, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kaputer's national animal is the Pug, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shouldn't have answered that issue.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaputer was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Kaputer, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Kaputer, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Kaputer, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence.
- : Kaputer voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Kaputer voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Edison Culver.
- : Kaputer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kaputer, the legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system.
- : Following new legislation in Kaputer, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Canterburie, GabeWorld, Tonakistan, Acario, FASTERCAT, Rangerton, Nazerin, Octal, The United Gillelans, Edgemaster, The United Oman, SucWAti, Derivative, Aelhaeran, Scorpions Army, Tuti, Capitalist Producers, Aurora Islands, UNDelegate, Zenzibar, Game Grid, Senexia, Imren, Stockholm Of Sweden, Gradenk, Itorcya, Gaviani, Andrilicon, Kotkolandiya, Czeckolutania, The Glorious Bimbolia, Coltpower, Akheti, The Stars in Daylight, Corporacia, Ohioan Territory, Scientia Major, Poopsancagizal, Chsemo, Confederacy of Many Nations, Republic of Gorsenz, Libertariu, United Kodiaks, Vivaldille, Of free markets, SLC, Beezy, Asmurg, Higgston, and Edison Culver.