“Pop Tarts for all”
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Clampdown of Kaputer is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Joe Strummer with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.584 billion Kaputerians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The enormous, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Airstrip One. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, the nation is now proudly cholera-free, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Kaputer's national animal is the Pug, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Shouldn't have answered that issue, and its currency is the Springsteen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 35 minutes ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, the nation is now proudly cholera-free.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Kaputer was endorsed by The United States of Liamsborough.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Kaputer was endorsed by The Free Land of Libertariu.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Kaputer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Kaputer voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaputer, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
Endorsements Received: 55 » UNDelegate, Volkyan, Canterburie, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, GabeWorld, Burtonia WA Embassy, Tonakistan, United Kodiaks, Acario, FASTERCAT, Rangerton, Luthatania, Nazerin, Octal, Chsemo, Red Snapperstein, Panageadom, The United Gillelans, Edgemaster, The Sea Cadet Corps, The United Oman, WulfHound, Edison Culver, Lucanda, Imren, The Glorious Bimbolia, SucWAti, Noaniah, Oblesh, Armanduania, Derivative, Britlandiana, Oranginia, Versille, Shakunik, Shadomar, Forglaffia, Aelhaeran, La Lux, Dollaria, Scientia Major, Selimiye, San Duo, Coldrige, Ausdonia, DWAsnia, Czeckolutania, Mindraker, Poopsancagizal, and 5 others.Rovertun, White Finland-, Scorpions Army, Libertariu, and Liamsborough.