The Decepticon Empire of Kaon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Megatron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.527 billion Decepticons are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaon City. The average income tax rate is 66.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaonian economy, worth 796 trillion Energons a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 93,409 Energons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Kaon with a very polite populace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaon's national animal is the Laserbeak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Megatosh.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Kaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Kaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".