The Decepticon Empire of Kaon is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Megatron with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.234 billion Decepticons are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaon City. The average income tax rate is 66.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaonian economy, worth 675 trillion Energons a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 93,409 Energons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Kaon with a very polite populace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaon's national animal is the Laserbeak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Megatosh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 19 hours ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 4 days ago: Kaon was removed from the regional ban list of The Black Riders by The Ever-Wandering Souls of Harenhime.
- 5 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 8 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 9 days ago: Kaon changed its national demonym to "Decepticon".
- 12 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 15 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 19 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 22 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 28 days ago: Kaon relocated from The Rejected Realms to Cybertron.