“Peace through tyranny”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Decepticon Empire of Kaon is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Megatron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.816 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaon City. The average income tax rate is 62%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Kaon's national animal is the Laserbeak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Church of Decepticons, and its currency is the Energon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 20 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 30 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 32 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 45 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 54 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 56 days ago: Kaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 63 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 101 days ago: Kaon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 104 days ago: Kaon altered its national flag.