“Peace through tyranny”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Black Riders
The Decepticon Empire of Kaon is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Megatron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.7 billion Kaonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaon City. The average income tax rate is 63%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.
Police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Kaon with a very polite populace. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Kaon's national animal is the Laserbeak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Megatosh, and its currency is the Energon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 19 days ago: Kaon relocated from Cybertron to The Black Riders.
- 57 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 75 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 112 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 119 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 123 days ago: Kaon's influence in Cybertron rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 128 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 131 days ago: Kaon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.