The Federation of Kannap is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Premier Jeremy Andersson with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.68 billion Kannapians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The enormous, pro-business government prioritizes Environment, although Education, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth 644 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is 83,879 Royal Kannapian Kronor, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Soldiers are slaughtered in their thousands due to lack of training, public nudity is compulsory, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population.
- : Kannap approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Kannap created a new poll in Nova Chrysalia: "What is your favorite color?".
- : Kannap agreed to construct embassies between Nova Chrysalia and Greeks.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan.
- : Kannap altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, public nudity is compulsory.
- : Kannap voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Kannap approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Materials Safeguards".
- : Kannap approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".