“Citius, Altius, Fortius ”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Presbyterian State of Kannap is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Premier Jeremy Andersson with a fair hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.923 billion Kannapians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The large, pro-business government prioritizes Environment, with Education, Social Policy, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth 493 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is 83,398 Royal Kannapian Kronor, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
The 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, the government is reining in public spending, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Presbyterianism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Kannap voted for the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Kannap fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 10 days ago: Kannap fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 10 days ago: Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 15 days ago: Kannap relocated from Esportiva to Kotturheim.
- 16 days ago: Kannap lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Kannap was ranked #1 in the region for Nudest.
- 21 days ago: Kannap altered its national flag.
- 23 days ago: Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 24 days ago: Kannap was endorsed by The Special Administrative Zone of Gregoryisgodistan Special Admin Zone.
Endorsements Received: None.