The Federation of Kannap is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Premier Jeremy Andersson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, enforced nudity, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.392 billion Kannapians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The enormous, pro-business government prioritizes Environment, with Education, Industry, and Social Policy also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth 630 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is 85,335 Royal Kannapian Kronor, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night, graffiti graces every city's streets, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kannap voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Kannap voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Kannap voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Kannap was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Kannap applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kannap altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: None.