The Federation of Kannap is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Jeremy Andersson with an iron fist, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, national health service, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 8.123 billion Kannapians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 77.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth 839 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 103,331 Royal Kannapian Kronor, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, a spate of enforced closures has left 'Government FM' as the nation's only radio station, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and it is illegal to own a mobile phone. Crime is totally unknown. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kannap's influence in The Oubliette rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Kannap's influence in The Oubliette rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Kannap's influence in The Oubliette rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Kannap's influence in The Oubliette rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Kannap's influence in The Oubliette rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, it is illegal to own a mobile phone.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, a spate of enforced closures has left 'Government FM' as the nation's only radio station.
- : Kannap lodged a message on the The Oubliette Regional Message Board.