The Federation of Kannap is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by President Phillip Griffin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its disturbing lack of elderly people, unlimited-speed roads, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.899 billion Kannapians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth a remarkable 1,077 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 108,894 Royal Kannapian Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government has certified several glow-in-the-dark athletes as drug free, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, virtually all of the country's economic activity takes place in Kannapolis, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Kannap was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Kannap's influence in Ultimaverse rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Kannap's influence in Ultimaverse rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Kannap changed its national leader to "President Phillip Griffin".
- : Kannap's influence in Ultimaverse rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kannap altered its national flag.
- : Kannap changed its national leader to "Premier Logan Andersson".
- : Kannap's influence in Ultimaverse rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kannap's influence in Ultimaverse rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".