The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 17.964 billion Kangarawans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 89.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 2,904 trillion Wazoos a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 161,668 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views, the KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Macedonia".
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Arab League"".
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Kangarawa endorsed The Republic of Blue Gold.
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The Republic of Blue Gold.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Tropicalis, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, Dragonia, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, The island of Kiria, Trimmania, Ramaeus, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, Picos, Celebia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, East Jakalgeria, LeaveAlone, Elejamie, Arstravia, EMS Conglomerate, Ong Dynasty, Nangor, Brotherland, Silaurius, Eldridge Crossings, LatePanem, Nabta Playa, Saladass, Blobbo, Kingdom of Favus, Slys Paws, Newpromisedland, and 24 others.Eurasian Socialist Federation, Stanley Kubrick, Abtracnt, McStooley, New Leganes, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Moderate Utopia, Laeta, Ktox, Aelitia, Roissyland, Vonvon, Mephistonia, Drunken Seal Islands, Slapikistan, Artomia, Danubian Holy See, Ponyo, TethehAlla, Surfidonia, Demokratischen Reich, Jadeistan, and Blue Gold.