The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 18.685 billion Kangarawans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 3,046 trillion Wazoos a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 163,018 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments, lawyers are ordering red ink and 'Cease and Desist' rubber stamps in preparation for the return of copyright law, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Kangarawan Space Agency, and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Kangarawa endorsed The United Kingdom of Eruopia.
- : Kangarawa endorsed The Democratic States of Oceanic Peoples.
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Eruopia.
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The Republic of Palidia.
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The Democratic States of Oceanic Peoples.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Kangarawan Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, lawyers are ordering red ink and 'Cease and Desist' rubber stamps in preparation for the return of copyright law.
- : Kangarawa endorsed The Republic of Palidia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, Dragonia, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, The island of Kiria, Trimmania, Ramaeus, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, Picos, Celebia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, LeaveAlone, Elejamie, EMS Conglomerate, Brotherland, Eldridge Crossings, Nabta Playa, Saladass, Blobbo, Kingdom of Favus, Slys Paws, Newpromisedland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Abtracnt, McStooley, New Leganes, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Moderate Utopia, and 24 others.Ktox, Aelitia, Roissyland, Mephistonia, Drunken Seal Islands, Danubian Holy See, Ponyo, TethehAlla, Surfidonia, Aramathi Dominion, Papua Merdeka, Survivoristan, Aenglaland, Druinia, Maris Salis, Nadhiya, Dudmun, Ethalria, Propwash, Staynes, Guj-Sec, Oceanic Peoples, Palidia, and Eruopia.