“No, you're not paranoid. It's happening.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The East Pacific
The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.102 billion Kangarawans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, children are raised bilingual from an early age, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Proferism, and its currency is the Wazoo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 5 days ago: Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the KBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 6 days ago: Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 6 days ago: Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Eruopia, The Cults Children, Bad-tibira, Garyana, Zang0, Bai Lung, Boridia, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Kriov, The Oan Isles, The Shadow Brotherhood, Adolanta, MikGonnia, Fallen Light, Kingberg, Mundiferrum, Tropicalis, Ragnaria, Druubeltown, Owali, Danesopia, Ramaeus, Yuggoth, Jrustela, Bella The Dog, Amselheim, Beckveria, Lanagon, Molzavar, British Grand Pacific, Abzockhausen, EES, Handlingsregelen, Susanooo, DACOROMANIA, Uyoy, Rosiel, and 16 others.HGWQHGE, Tractia, RoosterTeeth, Free Pacific States, Krillion213, Bananalopolis, Cranky Corners, Totalwintopia, Reinhardt Von Lohengramm, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Dragonia, Chandler Island, Reziel, The United Territories of Providence, Marathonman, and Urimel.