The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 18.112 billion Kangarawans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 90.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 2,934 trillion Wazoos a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 162,017 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Royalist is the most offensive slur in the Kangarawan language, Tasman's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, the Grinder at Fat Sal's Deli and Recycling Center is a national institution, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary and the Top 5% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The Republic of VanHelsing.
- : Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the Grinder at Fat Sal's Deli and Recycling Center is a national institution.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, Tasman's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, Dragonia, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, The island of Kiria, Trimmania, Ramaeus, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, Picos, Celebia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, East Jakalgeria, LeaveAlone, Elejamie, EMS Conglomerate, Ong Dynasty, Brotherland, Eldridge Crossings, LatePanem, Nabta Playa, Saladass, Blobbo, Kingdom of Favus, Slys Paws, Newpromisedland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Stanley Kubrick, Abtracnt, McStooley, and 18 others.New Leganes, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Moderate Utopia, Laeta, Ktox, Aelitia, Roissyland, Vonvon, Mephistonia, Drunken Seal Islands, Danubian Holy See, Ponyo, TethehAlla, Surfidonia, Demokratischen Reich, Blue Gold, and Aramathi Dominion.