The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 15.826 billion Kangarawans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 83.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 2,487 trillion Wazoos a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 157,203 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 4 hours ago: Kangarawa was endorsed by The Weeaboo Warriors of Tano.
- 7 hours ago: Kangarawa was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Banbardi.
- 8 hours ago: Kangarawa endorsed The Weeaboo Warriors of Tano.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protected Status in Wartime".
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, euthanasia is legal.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Eruopia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, The Shadow Brotherhood, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Tropicalis, Ragnaria, Owali, Yuggoth, Jrustela, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, EES, Uyoy, Cranky Corners, Totalwintopia, Dragonia, Chandler Island, The United Territories of Providence, Marathonman, Urimel, Lubiratia, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Articono, The island of Kiria, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Trimmania, Ramaeus, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, The Watkins, Picos, Celebia, and 26 others.Heyday, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, MikGonnia, Drinnon, Bronle, East Jakalgeria, Lagaronians, Guang-Jing, Republic of Kascadia, Impending Moe, The Commonwealth of Albion, La grande idiota, Estavokia, Ramendu, Franconia Empire, LeaveAlone, Fernanza, Stonehammer, Elejamie, New Pergamon, Aelia II, Swimmerland, Indianoz, Banbardi, and Tano.