“No, you're not paranoid. It's happening.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 11.149 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Proferism, and its currency is the Wazoo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 4 days ago: Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Kangarawa, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Kangarawa's many privately-owned prisons.
- 6 days ago: Kangarawa endorsed The Armed Republic of Squid Ruinosa.
- 6 days ago: Kangarawa endorsed The Rogue Nation of 1980s Boy Bands.
Endorsements Received: 59 (Drakkengard, Todd McCloud, Kelssek, Goodnamesarerare, Dannistaan, Kaigi, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Cial, Wentworthville, Fyrdowsi, De Quay, Reziel, Blazing Samaritan, Hudsuckers, Adkins Station, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Wahnsinnland, Eruopia, The Cults Children, Domicia Rex, Opfern, Nylter, Bad-tibira, Garyana, Zang0, Bai Lung, Hikari Hachi, Chung King, Democratic Republic Of Orangeville, Rightport, Airygliph, Utopian Heights, Slys Paws, Boridia, Barktopia, Elejamie, Platon, Primum Ceciderunt, Ziwaiworld, Totalium, DrFreckles, Aardania, Ribtopia, Duracell, Etiowsa, Greater Texas Territories, Meldom, Samiana, British Grand Pacific, Off silly hats, AV Idols, Shekelim coast, Divitaen, Terra in Caeli, A Slanted Black Stripe, Tableand)