The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 17.8 billion Kangarawans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 89.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 2,887 trillion Wazoos a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 162,193 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Protest songs are the nation's de facto anthems, all news sources are under strict government control, a government program is underway to revitalize Kangarawa's beaches, and breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace.
- : Kangarawa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, a government program is underway to revitalize Kangarawa's beaches.
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Execution"".
- : Kangarawa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, all news sources are under strict government control.
- : Kangarawa was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
Endorsements Received: 76 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, East Malaysia, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Tropicalis, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, Dragonia, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, The island of Kiria, Trimmania, Ramaeus, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, Picos, Celebia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, East Jakalgeria, LeaveAlone, Elejamie, Arstravia, EMS Conglomerate, Ong Dynasty, Nangor, Brotherland, Andeat, Silaurius, Eldridge Crossings, LatePanem, Nabta Playa, Saladass, Blobbo, Kingdom of Favus, and 26 others.Slys Paws, Newpromisedland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Stanley Kubrick, Abtracnt, McStooley, New Leganes, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Moderate Utopia, Laeta, Ktox, Aelitia, Roissyland, Vonvon, Mephistonia, Drunken Seal Islands, Slapikistan, Artomia, Danubian Holy See, Aiman Sundania, Ponyo, TethehAlla, Surfidonia, Demokratischen Reich, and Jadeistan.