The Republic of Kandarin is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 27.277 billion Kandarinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malev. The average income tax rate is 82.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kandarinian economy, worth a remarkable 2,872 trillion Diamond Tokens a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,326 Diamond Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artists are pillars of society, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Malev. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kandarin's national animal is the Jewel Spider, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).
- : Kandarin altered its national flag.
- : Kandarin relocated from Balder to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kandarin was refounded in Balder.
- : Kandarin ceased to exist.
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Empire of Sima Zhao.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Incorrigible Vice of Guy.
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Republic of Libetarian Republics.