The Republic of Kandarin is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its frequent executions, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 29.784 billion Kandarinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malev. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kandarinian economy, worth a remarkable 3,184 trillion Diamond Tokens a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,907 Diamond Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artists are pillars of society, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Malev. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kandarin's national animal is the Jewel Spider, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans, the Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector, and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Kandarin's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Kandarin altered its national flag.
- : Kandarin relocated from Osiris to The Rejected Realms.