The Republic of Kandarin is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 27.48 billion Kandarinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malev. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kandarinian economy, worth a remarkable 2,919 trillion Diamond Tokens a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,240 Diamond Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artists are pillars of society, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Malev. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kandarin's national animal is the Jewel Spider, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Free Land of Kikomo.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Free Land of Terraria 101.
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Peores of --Camila--.
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Incorrigible Vice of Guy.
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Chess Loving Gentleman State of Siburria.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Chaos Dimension of Rabidragonia.
- : Kandarin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Kandarin was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Farrakhan.