The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 24.081 billion Kanaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,415 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 307,937 Adrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, euthanasia is legal, refugees from other nations are flocking to Kanaia's border, and only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia's influence in Christmas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kanaia's influence in Christmas rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Kanaia endorsed The Christmas Tree States of Niomez.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Reservebelgen of Gulden.
- : Kanaia relocated from The South Pacific to Christmas.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
- : Kanaia relocated from 10000 Islands to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kanaia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Kanaia endorsed The Confederacy of Louisistan.
- : Kanaia relocated from The South Pacific to 10000 Islands.
Endorsements Received: None.