The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 24.458 billion Kanaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,536 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 308,123 Adrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Angry Blue Warcow of Woonrocket.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Workers' Democracy of Trotskya.
- : Kanaia relocated from The North Pacific to Eternal Scholars.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The North Pacific.
- : Kanaia relocated from 10000 Islands to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Wysrod.
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Kanaia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
Endorsements Received: None.