The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, soft-spoken computers, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 25.032 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,703 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 307,751 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Kanaia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tabbertonia.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Brasilia.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Crustacion.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Sovereign State of Osea Island.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Holy Red Community of Kaloge.