The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 23.906 billion Kanaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,380 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 308,716 Adrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, euthanasia is legal, refugees from other nations are flocking to Kanaia's border, and only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Kanaia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, refugees from other nations are flocking to Kanaia's border.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, euthanasia is legal.
- : Kanaia's influence in The South rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kanaia endorsed The Colony of Klamytappi.
- : Kanaia relocated from The South Pacific to The South.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
- : Kanaia relocated from 10000 Islands to The Rejected Realms.
Endorsements Received: None.