The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 22.786 billion Kanaians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 6,490 trillion Adrians a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 284,839 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, Jack panders to nontraditional families, and the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook. Crime is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Protectorate of Paffnia.
- : Kanaia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Protectorate of Paffnia.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to 10000 Islands.
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Kanaia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Kanaia relocated from St Abbaddon to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kanaia was ejected and banned from St Abbaddon by The Dirty Sleeper of United Confedrated States of Durezz.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Unrecognized state of Kanta Hame.