“I find your lack of faith disturbing...”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.44 billion Kanaians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists. Crime is moderate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Adrian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia relocated from 10KI International Airport to 10000 Islands.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia relocated from Empire of Power to 10KI International Airport.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 6 days ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.