“I find your lack of faith disturbing...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.507 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Military spending recently hit a new high, the people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, and the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria. Crime is moderate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Adrian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 6 days ago: Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 6 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Kingdom of King Rankmore.
- 6 days ago: Kanaia endorsed The Kingdom of King Rankmore.
- 6 days ago: Kanaia relocated from The East Pacific to Australia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » King Rankmore.