“I find your lack of faith disturbing...”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.618 billion Kanaians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists. Crime is moderate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Adrian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Kanaia's influence in Wrangel rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 18 hours ago: Kanaia's influence in Wrangel rose from "Minnow" to "Truckler".
- 18 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Cunning Plan of Sichuan Pepper.
- 19 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Military Dictatorship of Mercenary Squad 14.
- 19 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Supreme Guessing Skills of I Know Your Password.
- 21 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Sir Aerso.
- 21 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Heavenly Hammer of Klopstock.
- 23 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United Counties of Escanaba.
- 23 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Magthere.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Merry Marionettes of Lower Columbian WA Mission.