The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 24.242 billion Kanaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,455 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 307,552 Adrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 5% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kanaia's influence in California rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Kanaia's influence in California rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups.
Endorsements Received: None.