The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jack with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 22.5 billion Kanaians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 6,426 trillion Adrians a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 285,606 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, Jack panders to nontraditional families, and the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook. Crime is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Free Land of Mr Lambert.
- : Kanaia relocated from The East Pacific to Monty Pythons Flying Circus.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The East Pacific.
- : Kanaia relocated from Singapore to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Unrecognized state of Kanta Hame.
- : Kanaia relocated from The South Pacific to Singapore.
- : Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
Endorsements Received: None.