“I find your lack of faith disturbing...”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.781 billion Kanaians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists. Crime is moderate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Adrian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Peggy Carter.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Blessed Elvish Haven of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Wysrod.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Makstates.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia relocated from The Pacific to 10000 Islands.