The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ban on automobiles, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 21.681 billion Kanaians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 6,196 trillion Adrians a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 285,791 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, government officials across Kanaia are being "encouraged" to adopt Oliphants to set an example for the populace, billions of Adrians are being blown on orbital weapons development, and parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Kanaia was banned from The Old Raiding Club by The Republic of New Management.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Kanaia relocated from The Old Raiding Club to Asia.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Kanaia relocated from Asia to The Old Raiding Club.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Chostea.
- 4 days ago: Kanaia was banned from Cascadia by The Oppressed Peoples of ErEK.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia endorsed The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia relocated from The South Pacific to Asia.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
- 5 days ago: Kanaia relocated from Orr to The Rejected Realms.