The Union of Kalaspia-Shimarata is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Stelios Cityrailsaints with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 5.799 billion Kalashi have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ipsola-Tserba. The average income tax rate is 4.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kalashi economy, worth a remarkable 1,185 trillion Kalaspis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 204,399 Kalaspis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive. Kalaspia-Shimarata's national animal is the Yuhshen, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 5 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 9 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Armed.
- 9 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata changed its national demonym adjective to "Kalashi".
- 9 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata changed its national demonym to "Kalashi", its demonym adjective to "Kalasho", and its demonym plural to "Kalashi".
- 9 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata was refounded in Balder.
- 124 days ago: Kalaspia-Shimarata ceased to exist.