The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 24.106 billion Kaigians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth a remarkable 6,850 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 284,176 Flabbergasts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Calling out of the blue has become taboo, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and Bowerstone is a police state during international summits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, Bowerstone is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- : Kaigi was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided.
- : Kaigi endorsed The Network Protector of Au-ra.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Kriov, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Eruopia, Jrustela, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wikichang, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, The Shadow Brotherhood, EES, Owali, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Dracconis, Elejamie, Bobatopia, Cranky Corners, Lagaronians, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Ramaeus, Picos, New Cobastheia, Opfern, Default Republic, Treudon, Othad, Heyday, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Althonia, Echo Serafin, MikGonnia, Drinnon, Arstravia, EMS Conglomerate, Marceloyudi, Antris, and 10 others.Umbela, Franconia Empire, Sacora, Taxilis, Reui, Sun Rosa, Davist, New Pergamon, Great Gravitas, and Freedom States Republic.