“If you lived here, you'd be eating pie by now.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: The East Pacific
The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Blake The Awesome with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 19.344 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, guns are banned, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Flabbergast mansions, and CDs are regularly copy-protected. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pastafarian, and its currency is the Flabbergast.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Flabbergast mansions.
- 11 hours ago: Kaigi endorsed The Republic of Marcland.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Kaigi was endorsed by The Republic of Marcland.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, guns are banned.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle.
Endorsements Received: 56 (Cial, Dannistaan, Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kelssek, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Reziel, Stromburg, Kriov, The Cults Children, Swkoll, Zang0, Wentworthville, The Romanum Legio, Vulshain, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Normandish, Eruopia, Labeija, Nylter, Hegemon, Chung King, Utopian Heights, Rychewold, Wang Dynasty, Rightport, Haifischland, The Republic of Cybran, Ziwaiworld, Off silly hats, Aardania, Jrustela, Ribtopia, Great Jenstonia, Trinity Enterprise, Duracell, THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF DOJO, Meldom, Samiana, Quetsequatal, Divitaen, Union of Democracies, British Grand Pacific, Shekelim coast, 1980s Boy Bands, A Slanted Black Stripe, Suraldar, Tomatta, United Terra States, Wikichang, Zielonerd, Marcland)