“If you lived here, you'd be eating pie by now.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Blake The Awesome with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 22.997 billion Kaigians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth a remarkable 6,327 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 275,137 Flabbergasts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and citizens must have a license to operate a computer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, citizens must have a license to operate a computer.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Kaigi endorsed The Democratic States of Evil Brutes.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Kaigi was endorsed by The Democratic States of Evil Brutes.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, Bowerstone spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Kaigi endorsed The Reliable Nation of Abzockhausen.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Kaigi endorsed The Republic of Comrade Kennedy.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Kriov, The Cults Children, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Eruopia, Hegemon, Jrustela, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wikichang, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, British Grand Pacific, Amselheim, Molzavar, The Shadow Brotherhood, EES, Rosiel, Ouralis, Owali, Bananalopolis, HGWQHGE, The United Territories of Providence, Eurasian Socialist Federation, United industrial, Urimel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Dracconis, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Roissyland, Xoriet, Bachtendekuppen, Belkswenia, Elejamie, Bobatopia, Lerison, Articono, Cranky Corners, Lagaronians, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, and 4 others.Ramaeus, Comrade Kennedy, Abzockhausen, and Evil Brutes.