The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 27.078 billion Kaigians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth a remarkable 8,598 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 317,543 Flabbergasts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Bowerstone is a police state during international summits, birth rates have hit an all-time low, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, and Kaigi's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, Kaigi's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded.
- : Kaigi was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, Bowerstone is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, almost all of Kaigi's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Kaigi endorsed The Community of Rybeck.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, Kriov, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, Dracconis, Elejamie, Picos, New Cobastheia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, EMS Conglomerate, Brotherland, Moderate Utopia, Dullness 17, Blobbo, Saladass, Newpromisedland, Kingdom of Favus, Dolor Mortis, Eurasian Socialist Federation, San Mauricio, Roissyland, New Leganes, Rex Ventorum, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Ktox, Ponyo, TethehAlla, Norport, Surfidonia, Querious, Vulshain, Survivoristan, Aenglaland, Mexregiona, Nadhiya, Feladria, and 32 others.GoldStreet, Nightmare Dominion, Maris Salis, Staynes, Ethalria, Soviet Monarchic Nations, Dudmun, Islandian Free States, Aphoenica, Oceanic Peoples, Vogsm Allskvlack Islands, Eruopia, Guj-Sec, Default Republic, Tripartite State, Aeonite, The Empire of Rijelv, The Dixonian States, Celebia, The Grackle Cartel, Tenaltel, Corbynicopia, British Grand Pacific, Sardomoba, Averrhoa carambola, Saie, National Peoples Republic of the Tao, Hajimeru, Lin Manuel Miranda, East Malaysia, Isla Provincia, and Rybeck.