The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, sprawling nuclear power plants, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 23.526 billion Kaigians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth a remarkable 6,556 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 278,671 Flabbergasts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in Kaigi's hospitals, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, and the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- 19 hours ago: Kaigi endorsed The TEP Puffin of Bachtendekuppen.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Kaigi was endorsed by The TEP Puffin of Bachtendekuppen.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, abortions are routinely performed in Kaigi's hospitals.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Kaigi was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Flabbergast mansions.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kaigi, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, Kriov, The Cults Children, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Eruopia, Hegemon, Jrustela, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wikichang, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, The Shadow Brotherhood, EES, Owali, The United Territories of Providence, United industrial, Urimel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Dracconis, Drinnon, Roissyland, Elejamie, Bobatopia, Articono, Cranky Corners, Lagaronians, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Ramaeus, Picos, Place of cool punks, Banturon, New Cobastheia, Ordinance, The Three States of Fortuna, Opfern, Default Republic, McStooley, Treudon, Ohioania, and 4 others.Othad, Heyday, Radnia, and Bachtendekuppen.