The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, infamous sell-swords, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 26.124 billion Kaigians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth a remarkable 8,036 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 307,643 Flabbergasts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and retired racing Sharktopuses are served truffles for breakfast. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, retired racing Sharktopuses are served truffles for breakfast.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Kaigi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, Kriov, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, Dracconis, Elejamie, Ramaeus, Picos, New Cobastheia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Arstravia, EMS Conglomerate, Marceloyudi, Brotherland, Idioglassia, Moderate Utopia, Gostir, Dullness 17, Blobbo, Saladass, Newpromisedland, Kingdom of Favus, Dolor Mortis, Eurasian Socialist Federation, United States of Vitorios, Luriel, San Mauricio, Ulvorislov, Bryce Harper, Roissyland, New Leganes, McStooley, Laeta, Slapikistan, Rex Ventorum, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, and 17 others.Ktox, Whathefuxistan, Aelitia, Ponyo, Demokratischen Reich, TethehAlla, Artomia, Sydtopea, Norport, Free Cities of Africa, Surfidonia, Querious, The Grand Commonwealth, Blue Gold, Danubian Holy See, KelMattland, and Madrigalis.