“JUSTICE FOR ALL”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Great Judicial Nation of JURISDICTIONS is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Elect Mark Holland with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed population of 12.434 billion Juri are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Armstong. The average income tax rate is 77%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Every street in the nation contains at least three law firms, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. JURISDICTIONS's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is not any particular one, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: JURISDICTIONS was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in JURISDICTIONS, insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in JURISDICTIONS, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in JURISDICTIONS, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in JURISDICTIONS, every street in the nation contains at least three law firms.
- 10 days ago: JURISDICTIONS fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 12 days ago: JURISDICTIONS was endorsed by The Morrígan of Ramaeus.
- 12 days ago: JURISDICTIONS lost the endorsement of The Morrígan of Ramaeus.
- 12 days ago: JURISDICTIONS voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
- 12 days ago: JURISDICTIONS endorsed The Morrígan of Ramaeus.