The Dark Necropolis of Jurika City is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 26.828 billion Jurika Cityians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Jurika Cityian economy, worth a remarkable 5,681 trillion magic runes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 211,763 magic runes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, the government has the power to seize property at will, and manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jurika City's national animal is the screaming soul, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jurika City's influence in The Necropolis rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Jurika City relocated from Balder to The Necropolis.
- : Jurika City founded the region The Necropolis.
- : Jurika City was refounded in Balder.
- : Jurika City ceased to exist.
- : Jurika City fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Jurika City was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Jurika City fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Jurika City was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jurika City fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.