“In the long run, luck is awarded to the efficient”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Jrustela is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Arch-Duke with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.317 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hathinelthor. The average income tax rate is 48%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, artists are pillars of society, nudity is frowned upon, and residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jrustela's national animal is the Head-Shagging Parrot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Stacu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, nudity is frowned upon.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Jrustela endorsed The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Jrustela fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Jrustela was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Jrustela was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 5 days ago: Jrustela fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, artists are pillars of society.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Goodnamesarerare, Packilvania, Reziel, Drakkengard, East Malaysia, Lyontisia, Eruopia, Southern Yugoslavia, Kaigi, MikGonnia, Boridia, Kingberg, Blazing Samaritan, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Bachtendekuppen, British Grand Pacific, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Lynalium, Trimmania, De Quay, Molzavar, Caerulea, Ramaeus, Pacific Vipers, GARRETTLANDIA, Wikichang, and Roissyland.