“In the long run, luck is awarded to the efficient”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Jrustela is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Arch-Duke with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.551 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hathinelthor. The average income tax rate is 42%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government has enacted freedom of information, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, protests are legal but strictly supervised, and organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jrustela's national animal is the Head-Shagging Parrot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Stacu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Jrustela was endorsed by The Borderlands of Amselheim.
- 16 hours ago: Jrustela was endorsed by The Empire of The Imperial State.
- 20 hours ago: Jrustela was endorsed by The Republic of DaSevenhorse.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Jrustela voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Jrustela was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Goodnamesarerare, Packilvania, Reziel, Drakkengard, East Malaysia, Lyontisia, Eruopia, Southern Yugoslavia, De Quay, Kaigi, MikGonnia, Boridia, Kingberg, Blazing Samaritan, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Roissyland, Bachtendekuppen, British Grand Pacific, Armandie, Off silly hats, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Weed, DaSevenhorse, The Imperial State, and Amselheim.