“In the long run, luck is awarded to the efficient”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Jrustela is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Arch-Duke with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.101 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hathinelthor. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jrustela's national animal is the Head-Shagging Parrot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Stacu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Jrustela endorsed The Holy Empire of Pacific Vipers.
- 6 hours ago: Jrustela was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Pacific Vipers.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 4 days ago: Jrustela was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Jrustela, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Goodnamesarerare, Packilvania, Reziel, Drakkengard, East Malaysia, Lyontisia, Eruopia, Southern Yugoslavia, Kaigi, MikGonnia, Boridia, Kingberg, Blazing Samaritan, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Roissyland, Bachtendekuppen, British Grand Pacific, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Lynalium, Trimmania, De Quay, Molzavar, Caerulea, Ritznazzioni, Ramaeus, and Pacific Vipers.