“When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.”
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Antarctica Founders of Joop is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Joop Polarbear with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 24.294 billion Joopians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Icetown. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Joopian economy, worth a remarkable 3,485 trillion Polar Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 143,457 Polar Crowns, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,103,140 per year while the poor average 4,996, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Jennifer Government is a bestseller, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, students abandon classrooms for online education, and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive. Joop's national animal is the Polar Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Joop aborted construction of embassies between Antarctica and Scottish Highlands.
- 5 days ago: Joop agreed to construct embassies between Antarctica and Scottish Highlands.
- 6 days ago: Joop aborted construction of embassies between Antarctica and International Banking Cooperation.
- 6 days ago: Joop agreed to construct embassies between Antarctica and International Banking Cooperation.
- 11 days ago: Joop was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Joop was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Joop, euthanasia is legal.
- 31 days ago: Joop agreed to construct embassies between Antarctica and Forest.
- 31 days ago: Joop rejected a request from CRIMSONDAWN for an embassy with Antarctica.
- 31 days ago: Joop added the tag "Eco-friendly" to Antarctica.