The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 15.493 billion Johorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 91.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Johorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,929 trillion Gold Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 189,058 Gold Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices, and the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Johor was endorsed by The Sultanate of Svyatoy Molnii.
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Johor, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan.
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Johor was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).