The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 14.867 billion Johorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 90.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Johorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,786 trillion Gold Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 187,448 Gold Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, and fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Johor, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 13 days ago: Johor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
- 13 days ago: Johor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 18 days ago: Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 20 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 25 days ago: Johor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 27 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).