The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 15.067 billion Johorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 90.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Johorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,823 trillion Gold Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 187,390 Gold Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Johor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Johor, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 26 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 29 days ago: Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 32 days ago: Johor was endorsed by The Emirate of Turkhestan.
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Johor, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 47 days ago: Johor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
- 47 days ago: Johor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 52 days ago: Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".