“فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ ٱللَّهِ هُمُ ٱلْغَٰلِبُونَ ”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
Location: United Empire of Islam
The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 13.677 billion Johorians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.
The only places to see Tigers now are at local zoos, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, and anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Gold Dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Johor relocated from Osiris to United Empire of Islam.
- 5 hours ago: Johor altered its national flag.
- 5 hours ago: Johor was refounded in Osiris.
- 9 days ago: Johor ceased to exist.
- 10 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Johor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 14 days ago: Johor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 15 days ago: Johor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).