The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 15.328 billion Johorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 91.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Johorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,894 trillion Gold Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 188,829 Gold Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 4 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 10 days ago: Johor was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 12 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Johor was endorsed by The Rajadom of Sandhora.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Johor, school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices.
- 28 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 29 days ago: Johor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights of Indigenous Peoples"".
- 34 days ago: Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 10%).