The Islamic Sultanate of Johor is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Salahuddin with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 15.65 billion Johorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johor Bahru. The average income tax rate is 90.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Johorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,940 trillion Gold Dinars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,883 Gold Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and child labor has been outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johor's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Johor, child labor has been outlawed.
- : Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Johor altered its national flag.
- : Johor relocated from Osiris to United Empire of Islam.
- : Johor was refounded in Osiris.
- : Johor ceased to exist.
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Johor was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Johor's influence in United Empire of Islam rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".