The Lascivious Lycanthropy of John Talbot is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.957 billion Talbotians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.2%.
The frighteningly efficient a Talbotian economy, worth a remarkable 1,052 trillion Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 88,023 Pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 392,586 per year while the poor average 12,262, a ratio of 32.0 to 1.
Billions of Pounds are being blown on orbital weapons development, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force. John Talbot's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: John Talbot fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 42 days ago: John Talbot fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 45 days ago: John Talbot fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 61 days ago: John Talbot fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 174 days ago: John Talbot's influence in The Unicorns of the World rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 255 days ago: John Talbot changed its national demonym to "Talbotian" and its demonym adjective to "a Talbotian".
- 257 days ago: John Talbot's influence in The Unicorns of the World rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 269 days ago: John Talbot fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 328 days ago: John Talbot's influence in The Unicorns of the World fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 350 days ago: John Talbot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.