“Равенства, Единства, Братства”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: United Left Front
The Soviet Socialist Republic of Jnania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Andreyev with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.143 billion Jnanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Moscow. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jnania's national animal is the Bear on Unicycle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Jnanian Ruble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Jnania was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Jnania lodged a message on the United Left Front Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Jnania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jnania, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.