The Soviet Socialist Republic of Jnania is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Premier Andreyev with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and zero percent divorce rate. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 7.571 billion Jnanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Moscow. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Jnanian economy, worth 124 trillion Jnanian Rubles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 16,484 Jnanian Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, cities are engulfed by smog, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jnania's national animal is the Bear on Unicycle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Jnania is ranked 8th in United Left Front and 139,404th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -23 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jnania fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Jnania fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Jnania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, cities are engulfed by smog.
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence.
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Jnania fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Jnania, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.