“The only emperor is the emperor of ice cream.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Lexicon
The Republic of Jingdood is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Voba with an even hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 14.323 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arqua. The average income tax rate is 62%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jingdood's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gull.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Jingdood was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Jingdood fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 6 days ago: Jingdood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 6 days ago: Jingdood was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
Endorsements Received: 1 (The Holy Green Hippos)