The Republic of Jingdood is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Voba with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, parental licensing program, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 18.232 billion Jingdoodics are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arqua. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jingdoodian economy, worth a remarkable 2,019 trillion Gulls a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,742 Gulls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cars are banned, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Jingdood, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jingdood's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Jingdood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 3 hours ago: Jingdood approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Material Pact".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, voting is compulsory.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Jingdood.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Jingdood lodged a message on the The Lexicon Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Jingdood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, cars are banned.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Jingdood, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.