“I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally. ”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Unbelievable Pure Evil of Jiflandia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Jifman with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18.242 billion Jiflandians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jiflandiaville. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and the government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jiflandia's national animal is the Cerberus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Jifocism, and its currency is the Death Knoll.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 9 days ago: Jiflandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 12 days ago: Jiflandia relocated from Balder to Weed.
- 12 days ago: Jiflandia was refounded in Balder.
- 38 days ago: Jiflandia ceased to exist.
- 45 days ago: Jiflandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 55 days ago: Jiflandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 66 days ago: Jiflandia relocated from Balder to Weed.
- 66 days ago: Jiflandia was refounded in Balder.
- 90 days ago: Jiflandia ceased to exist.
- 108 days ago: Jiflandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.