The Free Communist States of Jezland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jez with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.634 billion Jezlish love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wimbledon. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The sizeable but stagnant Jezlandian economy, worth 89.1 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,246 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jezland's national animal is the Cod, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 7 days ago: Jezland fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- 7 days ago: Jezland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 8 days ago: Jezland lodged a message on the The Moon Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Jezland, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Jezland, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 16 days ago: Jezland lodged a message on the The Moon Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Jezland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: #1).
- 23 days ago: Jezland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 31 days ago: Jezland was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Jezland, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.